Day 1 – Learn the basics of spindle turning including which tool to use and how they are sharpened. You will turn a simple project such as a bud vase followed by a basic bowl looking at the correct use of chucks and finishing techniques.
Day 2 – You will be guided through the turning of a lidded box including end grain hollowing and jam chucking. Also, we’ll discuss the conversion of timber for your own projects.
Timings: 9.30am – 4pm (approx) The dates in Green in the calendar below are the start date of your two day course.
You do not need any turning experience to enjoy this course.
There is a minimum of 4 people required for this course to run. If the course doesn’t run on the day you have booked, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund. This is a two day course. Day One is shown on the calendar.
Why not come with friends? Book three or four people on the same course at the same time and each one pays £250.00.
Your Day Includes:
- Tuition with either Les or Martin
- Use of machinery
- Use of Tools (If you have your own tools, we recommend you bring them and use them)
- Use of any required consumables or other equipment
- Lunch at the onsite coffee shop (subject to Government Covid-19 regulations), Refreshments
- PPE and Insurance
- Please provide your own Face Covering for your lesson if Government guidelines still require one.
How To Book:
- Find a month up to three in advance and click the date in green;
- Change the number of people you are booking;
- Click on ‘Add to Cart’ and checkout as usual;
- After payment of your order, we will send you all the information you need in order to join the course on the date you have booked.
- If there are fewer people than the required minimum for your course to run, we will contact you and offer you an alternative date or a full refund.
- Between confirmation, your payment and the booked day, should the Government change their plans, you will be offered a chance to rebook to an alternative date (on a rolling basis until restrictions are lifted), or a full refund, whichever you prefer.