This course is designed for intermediate turners who can successfully turn a bowl without instruction. In the morning, you will turn a bowl roughly 10×2″, colour and finish the outside piece paying attention to shape and form as well as sanding techniques. After lunch at the onsite coffee shop, we will go through turning the inside of your piece and decide where to apply colour next – inside the piece or on the rim. Martin will be on hand to assist at all stages of the process, particularly the inside as this is the most challenging part of bowl turning.
Colouring works best on figured woods and sadly, we cannot guarantee figure in the blanks we provide, so if you have a figured blank it is advisable you bring it with you to turn on the day. Non-figured wood is not a problem as Martin has techniques for applying multiple colours to
Your Day Includes:
- Timber (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Use of machinery
- Use of Tools (If you have your own tools, we recommend you bring them and use them)
- Use of any required consumables or other equipment
- Lunch at the onsite coffee shop (subject to Government Covid-19 regulations), Refreshments
- PPE and Insurance
- 10% Discount on on-the-day purchases at The Woodturning Shop
- Please provide your own Face Covering for your lesson if Government guidelines still require one.
How To Book:
- Find a month up to three in advance and click the date in green;
- Change the number of people you are booking;
- Click on ‘Add to Cart’ and checkout as usual;
- After payment of your order, we will send you all the information you need in order to join the course on the date you have booked.
- If there are fewer people than the required minimum for your course to run, we will contact you and offer you an alternative date or a full refund.
- Between confirmation, your payment, and the booked day, should the Government change their plans, you will be offered a chance to rebook to an alternative date (on a rolling basis until restrictions are lifted), or a full refund, whichever you prefer.
THIS WORKSHOP IS COVID-19 AWARE!
In response to Government guidelines, and to make sure your time here is as safe as possible, there are some important things we need to make you aware of before and during your lesson. These are in addition to usual safe workshop practices.
– Your lathe, tools and PPE will be disinfected before you arrived (unless you brought your own tools and PPE);
– Keep at least 1.5 meters apart – Do not step inside the painted lines on the floor – these will be explained when you arrive;
– All instruction will be given verbally to avoid any physical contact;
– Wear your face covering at all times when indoors;
– Avoid touching anything other than those items in your workspace;
– Use the hand sanitiser before and after touching the tools or the lathe;
– Use the hand sanitiser when leaving or returning to the workshop;