This professional grade Black Gloss Lacquer has been formulated to produce a deep black gloss finish in just two coats on most wooden surfaces.
Dry and handleable in 10 to 20 minutes under normal conditions, it is possible to produce glass-like finishes within hours of application. Drying time may vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
For a simple gloss finish, two coats will generally be enough over a properly sealed surface. Use our Microcrystalline Wax for a fingerprint resistant over coat.
For a glass-like finish, we recommend four coats and then polish with pastes and creams. Apply two coats onto open grained woods like ash or woods with added texture and use our embellishing waxes over the top when dry to enhance the remaining grain or textured pattern.
~ Basic Application
- Sand your work down smooth to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture;
- Prepare the surface well with a suitable sealer and ensure it has fully dried. We recommend our Pro Spray Sealer when using this product;
- Shake can with the cap on for at least two minutes before use. Protect lathe and surfaces;
- Avoid breathing spray – Use appropriate PPE and use in a well ventilated area;
- Apply light coats 200mm from the piece, giving time for the lacquer to dry between coats. Two coats is usually sufficient;
- Under normal conditions, this Professional Lacquer can be mechanically buffed in under 3 hours.
- For a glass-like finish, use abrasive pastes and creams according to manufacturers instructions.
Use for the finishing of decorative wood-turned items on a lathe, flat woodwork or other items requiring a tough glossy black lacquer finish.
~ Colour and Aroma
Black spray. Characteristic aroma of solvents and aerosols
Supplied in a 400ml aerosol tin.
Store in a cool, dry place ideally between 10° and 30°C (50° and 90°F) Where possible. Protect from extreme heat and from freezing. Keep out of direct sunlight.
~ Longevity – Use By
Kept according to instructions, you can expect the product to last indefinately. We recommend using the product within 12 months of purchase, though.
~ Food Contact and Toy Safe?
Unknown – product has not been tested.
SAFETY FIRST! Always read product labels, wear approrpiate PPE
and take steps to ensure the safety of your workshop environment
and the people in it!
~ Product Label Warning
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, 4-hydroxy-4-methylpentan-2-one,2-methylpropan-1-ol. Flammable liquid and vapour, Causes serious eye damage, May cause respiratory irritation, May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/eye protection/ face protection.IF SWALLOWED OR IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C/122 °F. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.
~ Product Warning Symbols
Product warning symbols are displayed on products to highlight the potential dangers of some of the contents of the products – this is usually the solvents. In many cases, once the solvent has evaporated, the warnings are irrelevant.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.