This Professional Clear Satin Lacquer produces a silky feeling, hard wearing finish in just two coats on most wooden surfaces.
Dry and handleable in 10 to 20 minutes, it is possible to finish elegant pieces in under an hour. Drying time may vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
Two good coats of this satin lacquer should be enough to provide a suitably solid finish on most wooden surfaces. It will conform to grain and texture patterns exceptionally well without hiding them.
Apply some of the Intrinsic Colour Collection dyes to your work before using this to produce an elegantly coloured and finished piece.
For the best possible finish, always ensure that the surface you are applying it to is perfectly smooth, free from dust, scratches and properly sealed.
When used correctly, this lacquer will produce a high strength satin finish that feels silky smooth to the touch. These are the steps we recommend to get started.
– Sand your work down smooth to at least 400 grit and ensure surface is free from dust, grease and moisture;
– Prepare the surface well with a suitable sealer and ensure it has fully dried. For best results, use our Pro Matt Sealer Spray and follow those instructions;
– Shake can with the cap on for at least two minutes before use;
– Avoid breathing spray. Use in a well ventilated area and wear appropriate PPE. Protect lathe and surfaces;
– Apply light coats 200mm from the piece, giving time for the lacquer to dry between coats;
– Lightly cut the lacquer back between dry coats for an even finish. Leave the final alone;
– Apply a coat or two of our Microcrystalline Wax for a fingerprint resistant overcoat.
DANGER: Contains n-butyl acetate, Hydrocarbons, C9, aromatics, 4-hydroxy-4-methylpentan-2-one,2-methylpropan-1-ol. Flammable liquid and vapour, Causes serious eye damage, May cause respiratory irritation, May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/eye protection/ face protection.IF SWALLOWED OR IN EYES: Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C/122 °F. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local regulations.