Woodturning is a wonderful thing to do – it is a creative, thoughtful and tactile activity.
This new course has been designed to be a fun and engaging experience of bowl turning on a lathe – and a perfect gift!
On the day, you will be guided under the professional eye of Martin Saban-Smith. You will learn how to use the tools, presenting them correctly and safely, and the basics of finishing the work. If there is time, you can apply some colour to the work, some texture, or other embellishment.
At the end of the course, you will have made what may be your first-ever bowl made on a lathe to take home and enjoy.
Everything about the course was excellent – the structure, the timing, health and safety advice and the hands-on guidance – plus a great lunch and plenty of laughs. – I. Ryder
Timings: 10am – 4pm (approx)
There is a minimum of 3 people required for this course to run. If the course doesn’t run on the day you have booked, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
Your Day Includes:
- Use of machinery;
- Use of Tools;
- Abrasives and dust mask;
- Lunch at the onsite coffee shop
- PPE and Insurance;
How To Book:
- Find and click a date in green from the calendar above;
- Change the number of people you are booking;
- Click on ‘Add to Cart’ and checkout as usual;
- After payment of your order, we will send you all the information you need to join the course on the date you booked.
- If there are fewer people than the required minimum for your course to run, we will contact you and offer you an alternative date or a full refund.