In this class you will learn how to make your very own German smoking figure or (Rauchermann) Along the way you will understand the folk law and meaning behind these Wonderful little good luck charms. Heavily influenced by the Christmas toy makers of the Ore mountains, Colwin will start you off with an understanding of the Skew chisel and how to use this often misunderstood tool.
This is a fun course with lots of opportunities to discuss work holding on the lathe, tool use and decorating.
Course experience level, beginner to experienced
Timings: 9.00am – 4pm (approx) on both days.
There is a minimum of 4 people required for this course to run (Maximum of 5). If the course doesn’t run on the day you have booked, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund. This is a two day course. Day One is shown on the calendar.
Your Two Day Course Includes:
- Use of machinery;
- Use of Tools;
- Abrasives and dust mask;
- Lunch at the onsite coffeeshop
- PPE and Insurance;
How To Book:
- Find the advertised date in green from the calendar above. The date in Green in the calendar above are the start date of your two-day course;
- Change the number of people you are booking;
- Click on ‘Add to Cart’ and checkout as usual;
- After payment of your order, we will send you all the information you need to join the course on the date you booked.
- If there are fewer people than the required minimum for your course to run, we will contact you and offer you an alternative date or a full refund.