Terms and Conditions
thewoodturningshop.com is a site operated by The Woodturning Shop Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12763030 and with our registered office at Garthowen, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ.
Our main trading address is: Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ
Our VAT number is 353 4847 81.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter or mailing list, we will use your email address to send you information about our products or services that may be related to a purchase you have made.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
In accordance to the new GDPR which came into effect in May 2018, here is the core information on how The Woodturning Shop processes your data, and what data I hold:
- What Information is Collected From Website Visitors: ip addresses, device information, access information, cookies, visit duration and tracking, email address, phone, name, shipping address and billing addresses, purchased products and mailing list signed up to;
- How and Where the Personal Information Is Processed: If you have made a purchase through this website: The data held is held on the payment website (PayPal if you make a purchase from this website), your purchase information, name, addresses, email address and phone number are stored in your account on this website and is also transferred for the legal recording financial transactions on our accounting software called Xero. The information is also used for internal sales reporting to assist with the development of the business. Occasionally, your name and email address, as well as purchase history will be used to send marketing messages to you.
- If you signed up to an email newsletter on this website: We only have details of your first name, last name and email address. This is only stored on this website for use in the marketing campaigns, email newsletters and important information.
- Who Has Access to This Personal Data: Staff of The Woodturning Shop have access to the information on this website to facilitate orders and tuition bookings. PayPal have access to financial transactions via their website, and our accountant has access to the data for use in preparation of company accounts and day to day running of the business through the accounting software ‘Xero’.
- Contact Details of the Assigned Data Protection Officer: Martin Saban-Smith. Contact via email HERE, or write to Martin Saban-Smith, The Woodturning Shop, Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire. GU34 5AJ. Call 01420 560077.
- How to Lodge a Data Subject Access Request: You can request your personal data by contacting us via the website requesting your information. You will then receive an email with information on how to access your data.
- How Long is Your Personal Information Held: Legally, we have to hold details of financial transactions for seven years in accordance to HMRC regulations after the date of the transaction. Other, non-financial details will be held on this website until you request they are deleted or you cease to interact with the website when they will be deleted within 12 months of your last interaction.
The products on this website come from a variety of sources both in the UK and overseas. Some products are considered to be hazardous and should be kept away from children at all times and the user of the product should follow the guidelines on the packaging regarding correct use, and the use of personal protection equipment. We cannot be held liable for improper use of any of the products.
Items of merchandise are printed to order and dispatched directly to you from there. Shipping costs for merchandise may be calculated separately from regular shipping costs.
As far as is possible, products images are colour corrected for accurate rendition on your viewing device. However, given variances beyond our control, the colour of the item you receive may differ from that seen on screen.
Bookings for group courses are paid at the time of booking and subject to a minimum of FOUR student bookings in order to run. You are welcome to book a single place on any of the group courses and join others who are booked on. However, we reserve the right to change your booking to another suitable date if the minimum required number is not reached 7 days in advance of the date booked. Should this occur, we will contact you with alternative dates. If a convenient date cannot be agreed upon, we will be happy to refund your booking fee or offer you shop credit to use at your leisure in the shop..
Bookings for 1-1 tuition are to be made using the booking facilities at www.thewoodturningshop.com. This ensures you receive the necessary emails and information pertinent to your booking. The booking will be confirmed after availability has been checked externally from the website in domestic diaries. Following confirmation, the full balance of the tuition cost is payable. Your confirmation email will provide you with links to do this using the secure services of PayPal (a PayPal account is not required for this).
Following payment, you will receive a formal confirmation email and then, one week before your lesson, joining instructions will be emailed to you together with other pertinent information.
Remote Tuition Bookings Terms & Conditions
- Liability Disclaimer and Workshop Safety:
- Usual and best practice workshop safety rules shall apply at all times during your lesson including the wearing of PPE by both parties appropriate to the lesson and tasks being undertaken, including the wearing of face shields when the lathe is running and dust masks when sanding. Where possible, extraction should also be used. Other Health and Safety requirements may be given to you during the lesson which you must adhere to.
- The Woodturning Shop reserves the right to terminate the lesson with immediate effect should you fail, at any time during the lesson, to adhere to the health and safety guidelines given to you during the lesson. In this event, no refund will be given.
- Given the remote nature of your booking, you understand that you are entirely responsible for your own workshop safety, handling of all tools, quality of timber, PPE, and further understand that The Woodturning Shop cannot be held liable for any injury or accidents that may occur during the session as a result of your own actions after following visual and/or verbal instructions given to you due to the remote nature of the lesson.
- Internet Connection Quality:
- In the event of an unstable internet connection leaving the workshop at any time during the lesson, is unsuitable to continue, you will be offered a new booking for the same length of time as the original booking, or a refund of the monies paid equal to the amount of time not completed during the lesson calculated to the nearest minute.
- Should the internet connection to your workshop be insufficient to stream the lesson or the tutor is not able to clearly see your webcam picture or hear your audio, an alternative booking time will be offered. If, after the second attempt, the connection speed to or from your workshop remains insufficient, the booking will be declared impossible and a refund of the monies paid equal to the amount of lesson time not completed, calculated to the nearest minute will be made to you less a 20% Set-Up fee for the two failed lessons that were not the fault of The Woodturning Shop
- Recording of the Lesson:
- A recording of the lesson may be made and made available to you for a period of one week following the end of the lesson. The above terms and conditions continue to apply during this time. You are not permitted to save it to any storage facility or device, nor make it available to others to view either via any link provided, nor on social media or otherwise.
Amendments & Cancellation in All Cases
If you Cancel:
If you cancel your booking two weeks or more prior to the start date of your course, a cancellation fee of 50% will be payable and (in the case of tuition) the remaining 50% will be refunded to you. If you cancel two weeks or less prior to the booked date, all monies paid will be forfeit and in the case of demonstrations, the full balance will be due. If you need to reschedule your booking, we will do our best to accommodate your suggested date, but it will be subject to availability at that time. If no suitable date can be agreed upon, the booking shall be deemed as cancelled and the above cancellation fees/refunds will apply.
If we Cancel:
We reserve the right to cancel courses at any time up to four weeks prior in advance. Should we have to cancel your lesson, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of all monies paid.
Please do not make travel arrangements or bookings for overnight accommodation until at least TWO weeks prior to the course date. We cannot reimburse you for any expenses incurred in the event of cancellation other than those for the course itself.
Visiting the Workshop
We have a very active social media presence and post a lot of photographs and videos of day to day life in and around the workshop. If you are visiting the workshop or physical shop either as a customer, socially, student or otherwise, your image and/or voice may be captured by smart phone, video or stills camera, CCTV or other such recording device.
You will be asked your permission for your image to be posted on our social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube and also any marketing material. Any image or recording used will be used in a positive way to promote the workshop and will not, in any way be defamatory to you.
Should anyone under the age of 16 be in the workshop, they are to be accompanied by a responsible adult who can make decisions on that child’s image/recording being used in marketing/promotional/social media material.
In all cases of photography or media capture of your voice or image that will be used specifically for marketing purposes (excluding general social media posts), you will be required to complete and sign a model release form.
Right to Cancel Product Purchases
You have the right to cancel the purchase of goods without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of fourteen days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods, you have a duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have canceled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation after we have received the goods back in saleable condition.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- following the opening and/or use of the product from within the container. Any goods returned must be in a sealed, unopened, unused condition and suitable for resale.
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed or downloaded by you.
Occasionally, we may offer free gifts with qualifying orders. There will be a minimum spend on the orders, or orders from a specific website category or brand we stock. Free gifts, or options of gifts will be presented to you at checkout of qualifying orders and will be limited to one free gift per customer. There are no alternatives to the gifts offered.
About The Woodturning Shop Competitions/Giveaways
- COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These terms and conditions are included in our “General Terms” and they apply to every “Competition” that we, The Woodturning Shop Ltd, administer.
1.1a Competitions are available to United Kingdom residents only.
1.2 The ‘Website’ referred to in these terms and conditions is www.thewoodturningshop.com and each and all such competitions being referred to herein respectively as the ‘Competition’ or ‘Competitions’ and will involve an element of skill, knowledge or judgement as part of the entry process.
1.3 In addition to the General terms and Conditions each Competition may also have its own Specific Terms and conditions explaining (where appropriate) how to enter, opening/closing dates, number of tickets and what the Competition winner’s prize will be etc. The “Specific Terms” will be published with the relevant Competition on the website that is promoting the particular Competition.
1.4 You should always read these General Terms together with the Specific Terms. If any Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
1.5 We may change these General Terms at any time so ensure you check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on the Website.
1.6 “The Woodturning Shop Ltd” operates Competitions which result in prizes being awarded to competition entrants who have registered for the applicable competition. Such registration may incur a fee which will be stipulated in the Specific Terms and conditions for the applicable competition.
1.7 By entering any Competition you are accepting that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and the applicable Specific Terms.
1.8 We recommend you print or save a copy of these General Terms for future reference during any Competition.
- THE PROMOTER OF EACH COMPETITION
The promoter of Competitions will be “The Woodturning Shop Ltd”.
- ELIGIBILITY RULES FOR OUR COMPETITIONS
3.1 Unless we impose a particular age limit for a Competition they are open to all persons aged 18 and over who are resident in the United Kingdom or where different set out in the Specific Terms.
3.2 Certain Competitions may have additional eligibility requirements such as valid passports, visas, driving licenses, good physical health etc. All eligibility requirements will be detailed in the applicable Specific Terms.
3.3 Whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met is always at our sole discretion and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
3.4 Employees of the promoter or any person connected with the promoter through family, professional or commercial association are subject to restrictions when participating in Competitions. We may require identity documents to be provided to verify the individuals age to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements set out in these General Terms and Conditions.
3.5 The Promoter reserves the right to refuse a customer’s entry to any competition at the promoter’s discretion.
- ENTRY AND ENTRY METHODS
4.1 Registration: In order to enter a Competition, you will need to register an account with us. You can register an account online via the Website with a valid email address. You will be prevented from entering a competition unless logged in to an account. When playing a Competition online via the Website, you must follow the on- screen instructions to select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your ticket(s) to the Competition (‘Tickets’), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions. Once you have purchased your Tickets we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition that will display your ticket number(s) and the competition name(s) entered. Please note that when entering online and/or by post you will not be deemed entered into the Competition until we confirm your entry which can be confirmed in your account when you login (and any such entry referred to herein as an ‘Entry’ or ‘Entries’).
4.2 Online Giveaway Competitions: Online Giveaway Competitions operated by the website set out in these General Terms and Conditions can be free to enter. You simply need to visit our website and enter by following the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to complete a question before entering your email address – this helps us to ensure that entries received are from true competition entries and not from computer generated programmes otherwise known as ‘robots.’ We reserve the right to offer multiple giveaways simultaneously. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and/or email address per giveaway competition. Online Giveaway Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom.
4.3 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of the Promoter and specific in each Competitions Specific Terms . There is no requirement to pay to enter any Competition as each Competition can be entered for free, see details in to enter for free below.
4.3 Deficient entries: In all Competitions we reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to texts, calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. Proof of posting of any postal entry will not be proof of our receipt of that entry. We cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online.
4.4 Automated Entry: The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any Competition is prohibited.
4.5 Names: Entrants must enter Competitions using their legal name only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
4.6 Multiple Entries. Entrants are permitted to have multiple entries, each one will incur an entry fee. Where competitions are ‘Giveaway’ promotions (no Competition entry fee) a maximum of 1 entry per entrant can be made unless otherwise stated in the Competitions Specific Terms. For free entry to Competitions entry is limited to one entry per person. If we suspect that an individual has set up a fake email address and/or social media page to circumvent these rules, we reserve the right to disqualify all entries that we reasonably believe were generated by that individual.
4.7 Prize Limits. Unless specifically mentioned in the Specific Terms, there is no limit on the value of a single prize that may be provided to the individual winner or winners of a Competition.
4.8 Retrospective Effect. Where an entrant or prize winner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions in these Terms and Conditions, we may still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prize winner in question.
4.9 Inappropriate Behaviour. We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant, or to refuse or withdraw a Prize, if an entrant or a winner threatens or abuses one of our employees, or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that we reasonably regard as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
4.10 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Entries become the Promoter’s property and will not be returned.
4.11 Each Competition closes (for online entries) when the last number or ticket is taken, other than for those entering by post no more Entries after this point will be accepted. The final closing date will be that displayed on the competition page on the website.
4.12 The Promoter also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition. Each Competition can have the closing time extended by the Promoter up to 4 times. If the Competition is not sold out after the 4th extension of time, then the Prize that will be awarded will be as follows:70% of the value of paid Entries to the Competition. Only the Competition Entrants (including free Entries) will be entered into this draw.
4.13 All Entrants (including those entering for free) must create an account prior to entering and supply an email address to proceed in the Competition.
5.1 We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value and specification. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Where a prize is won by a person younger than 18, we reserve the right to award the prize to the prize winner’s parent or guardian on behalf of the prize winner.
5.2 All prize winners will be notified that they have won a prize within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date of the Competition via at least one of the following methods;
- by telephone;
- by email; or
- in writing
5.3 Prizes will be dispatched to the winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details will be set out in the Specific Terms and/or given to winners when they are notified that they’ve won.
5.4 Prizes will be delivered to the registered shipping address of the winning entrant. Should a prize winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact person(s) detailed in the Competition’s Specific Terms.
5.5 We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
5.6 All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us (or any relevant third party provider). Prize winners will forfeit any element of their prize that they do not take at the time stipulated in the Specific Terms. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or any part of it.
5.7 We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our Competitions or prize winners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
5.8 Where specified, any stated prize values are at the supplier’s recommended retail price in pounds sterling and are, to the best of our knowledge and belief, correct at the time of printing. We take no responsibility for any fluctuations in prize values. Where cash prizes are awarded these will be in the form of a cheque in the name of the prize winner and subject to evidence of legal name as specified in these General Terms and Conditions. Any other arrangement will be at our discretion.
5.9 No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue for an event are not included and any accommodation prize includes basic room charge only.
5.10 Third party suppliers of prizes may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all prize winners agree to be bound by these. The Woodturning Shop Ltd shall have no liability in relation to any prize provided by a third party provider.
5.11 Delivery of the Prize to the Winner’s registered shipping address in Great Britain is free. The Promoter has a right to and / or may charge the Winner delivery fees if they require the Prize to be delivered outside Great Britain.
- UNCLAIMED PRIZES
6.1 All prizes must be claimed within seven (7) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated in the Specific Terms.
6.2 We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
6.3 If you call to claim a prize from a “withheld number” line you must provide us with your contact details: otherwise we may be unable to contact you and you may as a result forfeit your prize.
- PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.2 If you are required to submit a third party’s personal information to enter or participate in a Competition, you must ensure that the person whose details you submit has given their consent for you to provide us with their details.
7.3 It is a condition of entry to all our Competitions that we have the right to publish and/or broadcast the first name, home town, character, likeness and voices of Competition entrants and winners.
7.4 Entrants, particularly prize winners, may be required to participate in photo, recording, video and/or filming session(s). You agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any media and in any manner we see fit, unless you advise us at the time of entering the Competition that you wish to retain your anonymity. If you elect for anonymity, we may not be able to include you in certain Competitions. This includes providing these materials to our third party prize providers for the purposes of promoting their association with the Competition and awarding the relevant prizes.
- PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEOS
8.1 If a Competition requires entrants to submit a photograph and/or video clip to enter or participate in a Competition:
- entrants warrant that they are the person in the photograph or video and/or they have prior consent from all persons in the photograph or video to submit it as part of their entry;
- entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
- entrants acknowledge that we may edit the photographs or video in our sole discretion;
- entrants agree that we have the right to use names, likenesses and other personal information submitted in conjunction with the photograph or video;
- entrants agree not to bring any actions, suits, claims and demands against us in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their photograph or video;
- entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the photographs; and
- entrants must be over 18, however if an entrant is found to be aged under 18 they shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide us with the contact details we need should we wish to verify this).
9.1 By entering our Competitions all entrants:
- assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against The Woodturning Shop Ltd, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
- undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
- Confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
9.2 For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same at our absolute discretion.
- TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
- LEAVE FOR PARTICIPATION
Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a Competition and/or take a prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each contestant.
- TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
The Woodturning Shop Ltd may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion. Termination or variation of a competition is without liability to any contestant or other person. The Woodturning Shop Ltd will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated. Where a competition is terminated for any reason set out in the General Terms and Conditions the customer will be entitled to a refund for any tickets they have purchased. Refunds will be limited to the cost of purchased tickets and no further compensation can be claimed. Free or promotional entries will not be transferable or refundable in any way.
- FREE ENTRY
To enter any Competition for free you must send your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and contact telephone number on a stamped addressed postcard to the Promoter. Free entries must be posted to:
The Woodturning Shop, Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ and must arrive no later than 2 days before the Competition closing date. First or second class postage must be paid. Postal Entries are limited to a single entry (one competition lottery number) to each Competition per postcard. The Entrant must specify which Competition they wish to enter on the postcard and indicate the answer to the question. For Competitions, a random number/s will be allocated to each free entry by the Promoter. All free Entries will be treated in the exact same way as paid Entries. Where applicable, these Competition Terms and Conditions also apply to free Entries. All free entries are processed on Monday of each week.
- DECISIONS FINAL
14.1. All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
14.2. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us.
- NO WAIVER
A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
16.1 Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
16.2 To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prize winner in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph 15.2 shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
16.3 In the event that any provision of these General (or any Specific) Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
17.1 These General Terms (and any Specific Terms) shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
17.2 Any Competitions are governed by English law and all and / or matters or disputes relating to the Competition will be dealt with and / or resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
17.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you hereby confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
- COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.